- Obstinately try to get through it (= staring idly at the screen, hands poised over the keyboard.)
- Read what I’ve written from at least seven pages back.
- Jump ahead to a scene I know I can actually write.
- Reorganise my numerous book-related files.
- Make hot chocolate while singing. (Night-time + no one around = added bonus)
- Blare a bitta Beyonce and dance like a crazy woman. (My sisters sometimes think I’m moving furniture or repeatedly leaping off my bed.)
- Listen to mopey music*. (Recommended for use with number 5.)
- Lie in the dark, in silence, under the covers, and imagine scenes from my book.
- Abandon ship and work on another book.
- Read a new book. Oddly enough, I find my younger sister’s YA fantasy novels ideal in this situation.
- Reread and old favourite. Most often it’s Pride and Prejudice.
- Draw my characters.
- Go wild with acrylic paint. (Rarely resulting in a work of art, but still.)
- Prettify myself and go people-watching/ shopping. Friends optional.
- Sprawl on the couch and watch a movie or an episode or ten of one of my shows**.
*Songs may include At My Most Beautiful-REM, Samson and The Call-Regina Spektor, Stop Crying Your Eyes Out-Oasis, Jar of Hearts-Christina Perri,The Reason-Hoobastank, Fix You-Coldplay, Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol. (I realise these are not overly mopey, but they’re not exactly Shiny Happy People now are they?)
** Shows may include Vampire Diaries (Stefan or Damon, I just don’t know! Both?), Bones (Season 7 Promo had me crying with laughter), Criminal minds (Now that JJ and Prentis are back), Supernatural (Season 7 is disappointing me so far, as much as it pains me to say. CASTIEL! :o), Terra Nova (New show…rawr.)